Psoriasis treatment in Tashkent
Psoriasis - (scaly lichen) The Greek word psoriasis, from which the term "psoriasis" comes from, is translated as pruritus (itchy skin). In today's world has become a massive problem of mankind. Because of its external manifestation, this disease continues to cause distrust on the part of healthy people and leaves a significant imprint on the character and desire of their communication with patients with psoriasis. An uninformed person can easily confuse psoriasis with an infectious skin disease and be afraid of infection. Psoriasis is not an infection, but a dermatosis, a non-infectious disease. The manifestation of such dermatosis occurs in the form of rash and peeling in the form of plaques of different sizes.
• "stearic spots" - if you start to exfoliate the plaques yourself, then scales similar to stearin particles will come off, and the spot itself resembles a stearin spot;
• "terminal film" - a bright red, shiny area of the skin that can be detected by removing all scales;
• "bloody dew" - the appearance of small drops of blood when the plaque is completely scraped off.
Stages of psoriasis
There are three stages in the development of psoriasis:
• progressive (characterized by the appearance of a large number of small papules in new areas);
• stationary (characterized by the absence of the appearance of new rashes and the formation of silvery-white scales on the already affected areas);
• regressive (characterized by gradual resorption of plaques, normalization of skin color and a decrease in peeling).
Treatment for psoriasis
Considering the large number of factors on which the development of the disease depends, as well as the various manifestations, many methods of treating psoriasis have been developed. Usually a combination of them is used, which includes both medicinal and non-medicinal effects.
The treatment plan is made up depending on the severity of the disease, the area of skin lesions, the severity of symptoms (redness, itching, peeling). All of these data are used to calculate the Psoriasis Coverage and Severity Index (PASI) 3. The gender, age, stage of the disease, the general condition of the patient, the presence of concomitant diseases, which often limit the choice of methods, are also taken into account.
Phototherapy - gives a photoimmunological response, which manifests itself depending on the depth of penetration of ultraviolet radiation. Type B UV rays work superficially at the level of keratinocytes. And UV-A rays penetrate more deeply and can deal with inflammation in the dermis.
Climatotherapy - Spa treatment has a healing effect due to a combination of natural factors such as temperature and humidity at the seaside, atmospheric pressure, ultraviolet radiation and salt composition. So, in the Dead Sea, the salt concentration reaches 300 g per 1 liter of water. Harmful sun rays are delayed
long-wave and medium-wave UV rays reach the earth's surface. Sunbathing and sea bathing are complemented by the external application of natural oils, creams and shampoos based on Dead Sea minerals and tar.
Currently, new therapeutic directions in the treatment of psoriasis are being developed. Here is some of them.
• Methods for activating mechanisms of sanogenesis (IAMS)
• Modern immunological preparations,
• Ozone therapy