Treatment of demodicosis
Demodectic mange is a chronic skin disease caused by the Demodex mite. The disease has remissions and exacerbations, and most often it manifests itself in warm weather, in the period from spring to autumn.
By itself, the causative agent of demodicosis is found in almost all people. This is not influenced by gender, age, or even the race of a person. However, the disease manifests itself only if the immunity is greatly reduced and the state of the body is weakened. In this case, the waste products of the tick cause a lot of inconvenience.
The disease is not very common - only 3-5 cases of skin diseases out of a hundred fall on it. However, it is important to know that demodicosis can be transmitted from person to person, and it also occurs in wild and domestic animals.
Since there is demodicosis of the eyelids (eye form) and skin disease, there will be different types of symptoms for these two forms.
• acne: from nodules and pustules to rosacea;
• itching sensation, which causes severe discomfort. It manifests itself most strongly at night and in the evening;
• increased skin oiliness. It is the greasy environment that best promotes the reproduction of mites;
• red areas of the skin, which indicate increased pressure in the vessels. It is associated with skin inflammation;
• growth of the wings of the nose. In advanced cases, they increase in size as the functioning tissue is replaced by connective tissue.
For the ocular form of the disease, the following symptoms are characteristic:
• eye fatigue. It is caused by inflammation and the fact that the patient is forced to constantly focus his vision, strain;
• loss of eyelashes. This is because the mite infects the hair follicles;
• sticking of eyelashes. The formation of a thin film along the growth line of the eyelashes due to inflammation is just the reason for this undesirable effect;
• redness and inflammation of the eyelids. In many cases, this greatly complicates the patient's life and reduces the level of comfort.
• Since some of these signs may indicate other diseases, demodicosis in humans requires additional research methods to make an accurate diagnosis.
The treatment of demodicosis lasts quite a long time - on average, up to three months. Usually it comes down to the use of topical preparations. Sometimes the doctor prescribes medications to increase immunity, correct the lack of certain vitamins. If the case is severe and some additional infection develops, antibiotics are prescribed to patients.
In the case of demodicosis of the eyelids, the treatment is controlled by an ophthalmologist, and if the disease is just on the skin.
In our clinic you can get the following services: Dermatology | Laser Surgery | Laser | Laser Vaginoplasty | Cosmetology and good consultation