Molluscum contagiosum in adults - features
- Both women and men are equally often sick.
- It is imperative to find out the predisposing factor for its appearance in adults. Why did he appear?
- In adults, molluscum contagiosum is often located in the genitals and groin area.
In women: on the pubis and labia. In men - on the penis and pubis. In this case, it resembles both the initial stage of genital warts and pustular diseases in the genital area. This location is due to sexual transmission.
In the treatment, it is necessary to correct the general disease, which led to a decrease in immunity and the activation of the virus:
- treatment of diabetes mellitus,
- correction of dysbiosis,
- correction of drugs that suppress the immune system
- treatment of HIV infection.
It is quite possible: a child caught a mollusk in kindergarten - followed by adults. All family members must be examined at once.
- Treatment of pregnant women with molluscum contagiosum differs from other women: you should refuse to use antiviral and immune drugs, do not use cauterizing agents such as superpurea. The only treatment for pregnant women is to remove mollusc papules.
Molluscum contagiosum in children
Most often, children under the age of 10 get sick. During this period, the child actively interacts with the outside world, and the immune system gets acquainted with a variety of bacteria and viruses. During the same period, warts first appear in children, during this period children get sick with childhood infections.
Is it necessary to treat molluscum contagiosum in children and how?
Only with an obvious cosmetic defect and with complications. Treatment methods are described below. On the face, remove the education tool with extreme caution so as not to lead to subsequent scarring.
Treatment in children and adults
In children and most adults without treatment, the symptoms of molluscum contagiosum resolve on their own as soon as antiviral immunity is formed. Term - in 4-6 months, sometimes 1-2 years.
It is possible to treat shellfish on the body only for medical reasons: trauma, inflammation. Cosmetic indications are exclusively at the request of the patient.
Areas of treatment for molluscum contagiosum:
- Removal of formations
- Local treatment
- General treatment
- Treatment of complications (inflammation, allergies, skin ulceration)